Music Banter - View Single Post - Oh you have got to be kidding me!! Rolf Harris on sex charges???
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
For these reasons above it's not included in the limitations act, but I'm not so certain of other European countries in regards to this. The problem I've got with all this though, is that the whole thing does feel like a witch hunt against a certain element of the UK entertainment industry. Jimmy Savile opened the floodgates and then we had Jim Davidson, Dave Lee Travis, members of the Coronation Street cast and now goody two shoes Rolf Harris. If the accused are guilty, then all good and well that they've been found out and their victims should get justice, but it's amazing how a trickle of accusations has become a flood of accusations in the last year or so. Are the victims here, legitimate victims who should get justice, or false victims looking to get on a band wagon?
Lets be fair here, the torrent of arrests was largely due to operation Yewtree, which wasn't an investigation into Saville persay, it was an investigation into whether management or other figures within the BBC knew it was going on, to what extent they knew if they did know, and whether the management permitted it to continue based on Saville's power and sway within the BBC.

As a result, there has been a lot of digging into who knew what, who allowed what, and who may have participated in what, based around the BBC as a whole, it's not surprising that a lot of arrests have been made of people who worked together here, and I don't believe most of the arrests have been made solely or even at all because some anonymous "victim" came forward without being asked for or searched out - more likely the wider scope of Saville's ring has led to the police uncovering witnesses and evidence leading to more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote