Music Banter - View Single Post - Oh you have got to be kidding me!! Rolf Harris on sex charges???
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Lets be fair here, the torrent of arrests was largely due to operation Yewtree, which wasn't an investigation into Saville persay, it was an investigation into whether management or other figures within the BBC knew it was going on, to what extent they knew if they did know, and whether the management permitted it to continue based on Saville's power and sway within the BBC.

As a result, there has been a lot of digging into who knew what, who allowed what, and who may have participated in what, based around the BBC as a whole, it's not surprising that a lot of arrests have been made of people who worked together here, and I don't believe most of the arrests have been made solely or even at all because some anonymous "victim" came forward without being asked for or searched out - more likely the wider scope of Saville's ring has led to the police uncovering witnesses and evidence leading to more.
I've been looking at Operation Yewtree in more detail and the scope of it is actually bigger than I thought with the amount of identified victims. The scope of this case, suggests that it will drag on for a number of years.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote