Music Banter - View Single Post - Jesus Christ! I think we just had a shooting next door!
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default Jesus Christ! I think we just had a shooting next door!

Putting my sister to bed just now and there was an almighty, earth-shattering bang. Voices raised, cursing. Alarms going off. I thought at first someone was kicking our door in a drunken fury. The cops came up and seem to think, from what I could gather listening at the window, that either shots were fired or a pipebomb hurled, or both, at the house two doors down. Nobody appears to have been hurt, thank god.

That house has a history of being used as a sort of safehouse for junkies. The woman living in it died recently (very old) but apparently had druggies coming to the house all hours, according to my neighbour. It was boarded up when she died but the council has rented it again, amazingly it would seem to others involved in some sort of crime, which may explain tonight's attack, if attack it was. It certainly wasn't a car backfiring!

I'm shaking like a leaf, going to bed now. Will let you know what I find out in the morning. Hope we're not suddenly in the middle of another of Dublin's gang wars!

Christ, what a country!