Music Banter - View Single Post - Syria
Thread: Syria
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Why? Because it will lead to more chemical attacks? We already knew they were killing their own people. Now they're just doing it in an even less politically correct manner. As far as I'm concerned nothing has changed. Let them do what they're going to do. Our involvement is only going to cause unforseen problems for them and for us.

And I'd just like to say that if you want us to intervene then you should feel some obligation to join the military or at least in some way to support the military in any way you can besides just talking. If you want to send others to die for your moral beliefs that you have no desire to back up with your own actions then that is unconscionable and is why these pointless wars happen in the first place.
from what i've read theres no chance we will send troops. military support on our end would be in the form of arming he rebels with more serious firepower or possibly missile strikes from afar. i dont think we would put our troops on the ground over there. not that i dont think we are stupid enough but ive just read obama is reluctant to jump into anything and we wont throw troops at assad. chamaleon could be talkin about ground troops tho i dunno for sure

the more i read i feel pretty apprehensive about arming the rebels cause it sounds like theres a good chance those weapons would end up in the hands of religous group terrorists or al quadea and i dont want them to have our weapons lol. maybe we could booby trap the weapons and give them directly to al quada?? lol thatd be awesome
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote