Music Banter - View Single Post - Jesus Christ! I think we just had a shooting next door!
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Thanks guys. Another update: as I was leaving to go to the shops this van screeches in and disgorges what looked to be a family, shouting and sswearing at each other. Suddenly the van roars down to where I was standing, two guys get out, who I assume is their mother comes screaming like a harridan out of the house (same house shots were fired at) and the whole thing escalates. I quickly walked back into the house (didn't run; no point attracting attention: when they revved down in the van they almost ran over my neighbour) and called the cops.

I waited for a while then went back out (I had to go out) and it was quietish. They all seemed to have gone into the house. Van was parked outside. Builder working on the house next door was packing up. I said "Getting out early?" He nodded and said he had seen swords ---- yeah, SWORDS! --- being taken out of the van, and did not want to be either a victim or a witness, so he was shutting up early and going home. Didn't blame him.

On the way over to the shops I called the cops again, let them know there were swords involved and gave them the reg of the van. I had hoped it was being searched in connection with some crime. It's gone now but I made sure to ask the police not to knock at my door if/when they did come up. Don't want anyone knowing who made the call!

Hopefully it'll all blow over. I think the van was driven by the woman's sons, and they were possibly coming up about last night/this morning's attack. Cops said no shots were fired (though they could be covering up) but there was definitely a massive bang, which was either a shotgun or some sort of bomb.

It's usually so quiet around here. Damn, we could do without this.

Anything else happens I'll let yaz know...