Music Banter - View Single Post - Syria
Thread: Syria
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 01:27 PM   #34 (permalink)
Lord Larehip
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Most countries are knowingly contaminating the planet in one way or another, I don't think chemical warfare should be picked on solely for this reason.
Chemical weapons are made to kill immediately or severely disable a person physically (I know of one that would raise painful blisters all over the body such that wearing clothing was impossible causing the afflicted person to die of exposure). The kind of poisoning you're talking about is like someone smoking--yeah, it's stupid and unhealthy and sooner or later these is going to be reckoning--but chemical weapons are especially bad because they are MEANT to f-uck you up and and fast and those who resort to them are not interested in negotiating or they wouldn't have them in the first place.

Quote:
The first paragraph is basically a narrow view on the motives of the Syrian regime and Muslims in general. The regime is all about consolidating what it has, rather than an expansionist one. Whenever Syria has attempted to wage war before, it has always needed to be part of an Arab pact and even then its successes were extremely limited.
I don't care which country over there rules whom, I don't care which is expansionist. One is as bad as the other so it makes no difference. I don't care if they beat and torture people and throw acid on women for not wearing their veils. All of that is just fine with me. Just stay away from the chemical weapons, bio weapons, nukes--I don't trust those people. I was stationed over there in the service and I do not trust those people.
Lord Larehip is offline   Reply With Quote