Music Banter - View Single Post - Syria
Thread: Syria
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 01:39 PM   #36 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Larehip View Post
Chemical weapons are made to kill immediately or severely disable a person physically (I know of one that would raise painful blisters all over the body such that wearing clothing was impossible causing the afflicted person to die of exposure). The kind of poisoning you're talking about is like someone smoking--yeah, it's stupid and unhealthy and sooner or later these is going to be reckoning--but chemical weapons are especially bad because they are MEANT to f-uck you up and and fast and those who resort to them are not interested in negotiating or they wouldn't have them in the first place.
I wasn't suggesting that chemical weapons didn't do any of these above horrors, just that your earlier reason for stating that they shouldn't be used was a weak one.

Quote:
I don't care which country over there rules whom, I don't care which is expansionist. One is as bad as the other so it makes no difference. I don't care if they beat and torture people and throw acid on women for not wearing their veils. All of that is just fine with me. Just stay away from the chemical weapons, bio weapons, nukes--I don't trust those people. I was stationed over there in the service and I do not trust those people.
This basically explains why you're not objective about the whole situation, as you've already had your fingers burnt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Larehip View Post
I've talked my damned head off already. Nothing I've said has been addressed so I'm done.
You've only been on here for a couple of pages!
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote