Music Banter - View Single Post - Let's Talk About Love
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 04:19 AM   #123 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Interesting perspective Engine. I think a lot of married couples are unhappy because of financial situations, lack of sex life, stuck in a boring job. My parents have got themselves in a bad situation but they are still trying hard to stick together and make a better life for themselves.
This is true. Then of course you have the couple with kids, who stick together because of the children. My own mother is/was a perfect example of this; let my scumbag father beat on her and lord it over her for our sake. She instilled in us all the values I believe make me me today, and I'm forever grateful that she didn't just leave, though in Ireland at this time --- about the seventies --- this would have been a hard thing to do, as there was little or no support, or indeed sympathy, for a woman on her own. My mother worked three --- count 'em, three! --- jobs to support us after he ****ed off, and that was not counting being a mother when she got home. Jesus, how she survived is beyond me. And never a cross word. Well, almost hardly never.

Dammit I miss me ma! Hope you're looking down on me now and are a little proud of how I turned out mammy...