Music Banter - View Single Post - *** The Themed Weekly Member Mixtape Thread Is Back ***
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #176 (permalink)
misspoptart
gimme gimme

I'm glad you liked my track, Zer0 and TH, it's a song that I feel deals directly with death indeed. I'm glad I submitted it so late, because it does fit nicely on the end there, huh?

I'm downloading now, will post a review soon!

1. Mondo Bungle: NoMeansNo - Dead Bob
Meh. Not really my thing. Skip.

2. rostasi: The Soil and The Sun - There Is No Death
My friend just had a baby (he's two weeks old) and this song totally spoke to a new life and how amazing it is. I totally zoned out and got lost deep in thought. Just great!

3. Trollheart: Nick Cave - O'malley's Bar
A meandering and funny tale that I am way to ADD to listen to. Still, this kind of music is way more entertaining than people give it credit for.

4. Deviouz: Kno - La Petite Mort (Come Die With Me)
I love smart hip hop, and this is rather genius. An eerie and addictive tune. Good submission, Deviouz!

5. Arya Stark: Misfits - Die, Die My Darling
The punk tracks are not really doing it for me, either, not because I don't like punk but because I don't like this kind of loud and angry death thing. Death to me is a sad and somber, slow thing.

6. Rezdaddy Longlegs: Steel Panther - Death To All But Metal
See above...uhhhh...

7. Frownland: Diamond Terrifier - Kill The Self That Wants To Kill Yourself
What is this! I have never heard music like this before. It is weird. What is happening? AHHHHHH. Well, that was a trip.

8. bob.: Depeche Mode - Flies On The Windscreen

Don't know anything about Depeche Mode but I guess they are kinda a big deal. They had a show in Turkey this spring that caused quite a stir. As for this song...it's okay. It goes well with the theme, methinks. Since I'm not really into death, it makes sense that I wouldn't really be into this song.

9. gunnels: Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
This is yet another band that I have never heard anything from but constantly heard about in high school and college. I'm very excited to find out if I like them. Wow, it's cool. It's definitely very very very much about death. And for that reason it is so hard to stop listening to! I like it.

10. Zer0: The Woods... - Mourning The Death Of Aase
Very ethereal and new. I have never heard such a song, and I think it makes a lovely addition to the mixtape!

11. Plankton: Sevendust - Angels Son
I've definitely heard this song before and I like it so much. I'm glad I can attach a name to it. I think this is one of those songs my mom has plays in the background. She always has music playing. What a great track. I didn't know anything about your taste Plankton but if this is anything to go by I think we'd have some in common.

12. misspoptart: The Cinematic Orchestra - To Build a Home
Okay even though I submitted this I think it's still fair to comment! My song (I think) is about the feelings and emotions of the death of a wife/husband. You have done so much to build a life together, and the little things that were all a part of it seem lifeless after that person is gone, but you still feel like that person is there with you somehow, like a ghost. I find this song to be incredibly sad and I always cry when it plays! Even when I'm in a perfectly happy mood.

I enjoyed the mix! It was my first week participating and downloading and I love this idea, Rez! Thanks!

Last edited by misspoptart; 09-01-2013 at 11:42 AM.
misspoptart is offline   Reply With Quote