Music Banter - View Single Post - Why are Classical musicians so pretentious?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lord Larehip
Account Disabled

There's music sites that cater to all genres that really suck. I was at one that catered to folk and I'd have to say it's the worst forum on the internet. You post something and the response from half the people is: "You think you're smarter than everyone else? Well, I already knew all this 30 years ago so you're not so smart!" or "As soon as I saw the title I knew it was one of yours and all I could think was 'Oh god, here we go again!'" Of course they can't and don't explain why they then had to log on and read the whole thing and leave comments if they so hate everything you post.

Most people who come there don't stay very long and I just couldn't stand it anymore and had to leave. It became unbearable. And this was a forum of people in their 60s and 70s with grandchildren and they act like bratty 13 year olds. In fact, I've been in forums with a lot of teens who were far more polite and knowledgeable that that bunch of jokers.

So, it just depends on the forum. It's not the genre, it's that the forum attracts certain types and then they hang around and chase off everyone not like themselves. You try to stay thinking you won't let these a-ssholes chase you off but then one day you log in and realize it's just the same stupid s-hit from the same stupid people and what's the point? And you leave.
Lord Larehip is offline   Reply With Quote