Music Banter - View Single Post - Tapatalk Forum App.
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Default Tapatalk Forum App.

Hi people,

I know it's a holiday here and in the US so this might not get addressed until tomorrow, but it's not extremely urgent anyways. It's more of an inconvenience. A "First World Problem" you might say.

For iOS, Android and Windows Phone, there is an app called Tapatalk that allows people to read and post on forums from a mobile device or tablet. I know some of you use this app already, as do I. MB has always been accessible on Tapatalk, but since the app was updated to Version 2 a few weeks ago (and with subsequent minor updates to iron out bugs, currently it's Version 2.0.2), it's been giving me trouble.

Lately (and even occasionally with the last update to Version 1), when I open the app and log into MB, I've been getting a message saying "Tapatalk API has expired. Please contact the site administrator" or something along those lines. On Apple devices, it pops up like the little blue notification box. Not sure how it might appear on Android, but it's probably similar. I'm wondering if anyone else who uses this app is getting the same message.

However, I never had trouble after closing that message and continuing to the forum until now. Now, the forum doesn't update at all on the app. If I use it, I can't see posts that have been made since August 23rd (the last update), and if I refresh the page nothing happens.

I'm fairly certain this has something to do with the Admin not updating their Tapatalk plugin. I believe the new version, however, is built for vBulletin 4 & 5, and this forum is only on vBulletin 3.5.2 (according to the bottom of the page), and also PHP boards. I often read, post, and moderate on MB through Tapatalk, so a solution to this issue would be nice.

I know getting the admins to do things here is like pulling teeth, but perhaps I should bring this to Yac's attention if nothing gets resolved.

It could just be me, though, but my devices are up to date and iTunes says there are no more updates for Tapatalk at this time.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote