Music Banter - View Single Post - How do you listen to music?
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #26 (permalink)
ParanoidAndroid
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
that's not a bad idea either but i think some artist you won't get right away unless you familiarise yourself with them first and how do you that? repetition.

And what better way to not get bored of repetition than putting the music as a background while you do other stuff? this way you can go on with your mundane routine WHILE familiarising yourself with the artist

Plus think of it like this, has a song ever grown on you because you heard it a bunch of times?
Some stuff you don't like right away it takes awhile to sink in that's why i think BOTH your way of listening to music and my way to listening to music work, we can have both!

we can put it on the background OR strictly focus on the music at the end they both work
Yeah, quite a few of my favorite songs/albums were not very enjoyable on the first listen or two. I think this is a great idea, and I just bought some new music the other day, so I'll have to try it out!

At one point, I think I may have been under the impression that either listening to music in the foreground or background would "train" your brain to listen to it one way or another, but now that I think about it, it sounds kind of silly.
ParanoidAndroid is offline   Reply With Quote