Music Banter - View Single Post - Is it still possible to be innovative in Pop music?
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #20 (permalink)
Surell
Master, We Perish

The new release sheds the folkishness a bit, it's a lot more extraverted and plugged in than most of their prior material, which i don't have a ton of experience with besides the more popular songs and passing listenings. P4k said this album was engaging the environment while Rolling Stone claimed it was like "Radiohead at a meditation retreat," although besides the latter's heavier moments (Hail to the Thief, OKC, certain songs), I'd say Shields shows a little more fight and pizazz than something like Amnesiac or the King of Limbs, or even most of Kid A (though it's definitely not as ominous or vague in its presentation).

That reminds me, Radiohead make incredibly innovative pop music. Unfortunately, the OP isn't here to discuss further or at least he hasn't been.

EDIT: I luuuuuv overbearing beats but i suppose i can be a little overbearing. In my attempt to bridge Pop, Hip Hop, and Radiohead in this thread, here it is:

it embraces studio innovation and melody, uses a more spoken style (once i heard in a more jamaican music sense), and also it's radiohead.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote