Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 04:45 AM   #1870 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Believe me it was a pleasure, and I've only stopped listening to the album now (a conscious but tough decision) as I need to move on with my metal stuff. But I'll definitely be listening to it more even though the review is now finished.

Delighted you liked it and glad you're the type who can take a little constructive criticism without blowing a fuse and defending your vision to the death. I would have preferred not to have had anything bad to say, but sometimes even with my favourite albums there are things I have to pick out as unsatisfactory, as you'll see if you read my thread on Marillion, my second favourite band. Sometimes you do people no favours by pretending there's nothing wrong, allowing the cracks, small though they may be, to be papered over. So I try to give as honest and forthright a view as I can of what I listen to.

I genuinely believe you're on the cusp of greatness though. It'll only take one label executive with ears to hear how commercially successful this album can be, and I'd be really surprised and disappointed if I didn't hear of you again. Keep me advised of any progress, won't you?

And again, great job and thanks for taking the time to comment on my review. It took some time but I think it came together well.