Music Banter - View Single Post - Is it still possible to be innovative in Pop music?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #27 (permalink)
Surell
Master, We Perish

I'll have to give Yellow House another chance, i always heard good things but i just couldn't get into it the couple times i tried, but i probably just wasn't in the right mood.

If you dug that, you may also like (i'm starting to feel like spotify) Fleet Foxes, they've got some fantastic harmonies and melodies, as well as some generally good songwriting based around folk instruments, very CSN(Y)/Beach Boys strand kinda stuff. I'm most familiar with their newest album, Helplessness Blues, but their first one is supposed to be as good or better depending on who you ask. The main guy, Robin Pecknold, is a perfectionist much like Wilson was, though relating back to the thread i wouldn't say he's as innovative as some of the names mentioned here. He makes great folk/pop with some psychedelic influence (it plays less of a role the way i hear it), and the production is great, but as I said, it's pretty clearly indebted to great pop/folk songwriters (this also includes Nick Drake and Elliott Smith, though with less Beatles love like the latter).
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote