Music Banter - View Single Post - How do you listen to music?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #28 (permalink)
ParanoidAndroid
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
It's not that silly actually it's 2 different ways to process music..

for exmpl,
let's say a good friend recommends you a band but you don't quite them at first.. just put that their music on the background and let it sink in for awhile most likely by like the 3rd time you do this you will already have a fav song or even a fav moment in a song and that's it! that's all you need that initial hook to start getting interested on them

on contrast if you're listening really carefully to a new band and all your focus is on that your appreciation also come with expectations and if those expectations aren't met right away you may dismiss the band and years later eventually like them (That happened to me with Stone temple pilots i used to hate them)

in a way, you never know why you might be into.. you know what you like but there are other stuff to like ya know?
Yeah, also when I throw on new music and try to listen to it without distractions, I tend to zone out easily. I don't know if it's just me, or the music being new.

As far as dismissing music, I know what you mean. I'd hate to blow off an album, only to find I like it in the long run!
ParanoidAndroid is offline   Reply With Quote