Music Banter - View Single Post - World Cup 2014 thread
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 01:32 AM   #18 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

GOLAÇO 1º Gol do Galo, Ronaldinho Gaúcho: Atlético-MG 1 x 1 Fluminense - Série A Brasileiro 2013 - YouTube

Form is temporary, class is permanent. He will be 34 by the time the World Cup kicks off, I hope he keeps it up and is picked for next year, I want to see Ronaldinho in full flight on the big stage one more time.

Important qualifiers for England over the next week starting tomorrow. Usually international breaks piss people off, season never seems to get going but this year I don't mind as these are massive games from now.

Moldova at home (Fri) then Ukraine away (Wed)

We'll likely paste Moldova by 4 or 5 but the Ukraine game is 50/50 at best. Lose there and we've all but failed to qualify imo. That equaliser in Montenegro has done us I reckon.

Then Poland & Montenegro at home in October are the last two games. So qualification rests on this Ukraine game on Wednesday in my opinion, their fixture tomorrow is at home to San Marino which they will win by a cricket score.

Quote:
Montenegro - Played 7. Points - 14
England - Played 6. Points - 12
Ukraine - Played 6. Points - 11
Poland - Played 6. Points - 9
EDIT - Misspoptart tickets are now on sale for the games btw, if you're planning on catching a game I'd get them now as they will cost a bomb once you're over there more than likely. Ballot/apply for as many as you can even if you can't afford them as not all will be successful. If you end up with more than you need you will be able to tout them outside the ground for several times their face value (if you have no problem doing this.)

Can apply anytime between now and beginning of October.

This is just the first of 3 stages of ticket applications. So you will have two more opportunities if you are unsuccessful with this round.

Also there is much, much less demand for tickets in the North, you'll see more games there.

Last edited by Cuthbert; 09-05-2013 at 02:11 AM.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote