Music Banter - View Single Post - World Cup 2014 thread
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankycaaant View Post
Agreed. I'd say football is the sport of the world and the World Cup is like the showcase of immortals.
The Olympics is full of sports nobody really cares about, who has parties in the street when their county wins a gold medal?
And the Super Bowl is pretty much the FA Cup of American Football.

There's no other international competition that evokes the same passion and intensity as the World Cup, each competition is wildly different and you can never write a team off. Just wish Scotland could actually qualify for one, I was too young to really remember 98.
lol the Super Bowl is pretty much why I don't watch any American sport. There is just far too much silliness involved, ads and so on.

It's a shame for Wales and Scotland, Scotland used to be decent as well, sometimes I reckon there should be a British team but it'd never happen. And even Olympic football, nobody is arsed other than the South Americans really. Were Scottish people behind the British team for that? Always got the impression that they consider themselves Scottish not British and only English people cared lol.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote