Music Banter - View Single Post - World War Z
Thread: World War Z
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Quote:
Why does every movie need to have character development? This movie was about a specific chain of events, not the growing or changing of characters. Time and place.
Really? This isn't Pacific Rim. This isn't a movie marketed as as "just a bunch of zombies f*cking **** up". Pacific Rim was marketed as a movie about robots fighting monsters. That is a film that I would agree with you where character development doesn't really matter as much. World War Z however had less character development than Pacific Rim. Brad Pitt's family had no reason being in the film because I didn't give a sh*t about them. The phone calls that he got were completely pointless because I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THESE PEOPLE. THAT IS WHAT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT IS FOR. If I don't care about the characters in the movie, why the hell am I going to care about what happens in the movie. If you say character development doesn't matter then you need to just come out and say that the only reason to like this movie is because there's like a bunch of cool zombie scenes and stuff.

Also, the "chain of events" was written so poorly. Hey let's go to this country. Oh I have to go here? Okay, let's go here. Oh sh*t can't stay here. Lets go here. It played out like a bad video game.

Quote:
So one scene was not believable on the plane. Not a big deal.
It completely took me out of the movie. Plus, the aftermath of the plane event was also bonkers are stupid.

Quote:
Lastly and most important...What zombies are supposed to be?? They are entirely fictional characters made up for entertainment. Why should every movie have the exact same zombies, that would be incredibly boring over and over again.The CGI seemed extremely well done to me. How do you figure they used it too much??
A zombie is not a war machine. A zombie does not run at 30 mph or climb helicopters. Crazy fast zombies do not work unless you're making a film that does not call them zombies. 28 Days Later got away with this because they never claimed that the people chasing them were zombies. They were infected with rage. A zombie has no other functions other than feeding. It does not have the capacity to use any other function than walking. It's stupid. Also, I'll always take the real thing over CGI. When I can tell that what I'm looking at is computer generated it loses all of its effect.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote