Music Banter - View Single Post - World War Z
Thread: World War Z
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 12:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoskeletal View Post
A zombie is not a war machine. A zombie does not run at 30 mph or climb helicopters. Crazy fast zombies do not work unless you're making a film that does not call them zombies. 28 Days Later got away with this because they never claimed that the people chasing them were zombies. They were infected with rage. A zombie has no other functions other than feeding. It does not have the capacity to use any other function than walking. It's stupid. Also, I'll always take the real thing over CGI. When I can tell that what I'm looking at is computer generated it loses all of its effect.
You still missed the point that Rez was making. You are so immersed into the mythos of what a zombie is "supposed" to be. It's still a fictional creation and it doesn't always have to rely on the norm of what zombies have been doing for decades.

If I want to create a story where zombies are super human fighting machines that fly, run at 200 mph and straight wreck shit. I will and I will proceed to call them zombies because I motherfucking can.

Another thing, I'm tired of people constantly bitching about CGI. CGI is the natural progression of merging technology with film. Practical effects has it's place and so does CGI. They can both live in the same world. All these anti-CGI rants that people go on make me sick. Not everything needs to be immersed in realness.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote