Music Banter - View Single Post - gun control
Thread: gun control
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 05:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
midnight rain
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
so i can file a police report and hope i get some of my stuff back? good chance i am never seein my stuff again once he leaves my home, even if he is eventually caught. police dont usually stop crimes in progress, they show up after its been committed
I just don't see how putting your life on the line is worth it for materialistic items. If the robber is strapped too, there's a very good chance you'll be the one shot dead

Quote:
we are really talkin about a specific hypothetical the last few responses. lets say someone had the intention or murdering me for whatever reason. he has a gun and comes into my home. do you think i should be allowed to have a gun as well to defend myself?
Would a person intent on murdering you make his presence known to you if there was a possibility you were armed? You might not even have the opportunity to grab your gun

You also have to take into account it would be harder for that person to obtain a firearm in the first place as well.

But in reality that would probably be one unfortunate situation where you would be worse off with stricter gun control. In the big picture I'd expect a drop in homicides
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote