Music Banter - View Single Post - World War Z
Thread: World War Z
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoskeletal View Post
Unless I'm watching a full animation movie I can't get over the fact that CGI looks fake to me and that it stands out completely from the real people next to it. I'm not going to jump on board the CGI train just because it's now the norm in films. It doesn't look good to me. It never has. It never will. I won't trash a movie just because of bad CGI if it has other things going for it but the bad CGI zombies were worse than the ones in I Am Legend and that film came out almost six years ago.

I see how you could think fake..since it is..but I love this decades CGI animation. Movie sucked but the new Alice In Wonderland is a great example of the kind of stuff I like when it comes to effects. I look at it as telling more than a real life story, but turning it into art as well.

I watch movies to be transported to another place and be immersed in another world for two hours. The effect is lost when I find what I'm looking at to be fake and stupid.

Totally, same here, I guess we just have different opinions on it. I love CGI as long as it isnt used as an excuse for no storyline.

And for the zombie debate. I know they're fictional characters. I know that being fictional characters leaves them up to interpretation and artistic manipulation. I'm not saying it's a rule that they have to be slow but when you market a film based on a book that was the most realistic telling of what zombies would actually be like then I expect a little more than full stampeding death machines running at 40 mph and hitting vehicles like they're the f*cking Juggernaut. None of it was believable. Slow zombies are believable which is why I'm afraid of them.

Your last sentence is a great point. And while my favorite zombie movies are like you explained, less CGI and slow believable zombies I still do enjoy the variety. Keep in mind this is a mainstream film that needs to garner a larger audience, I dont think old school zombies without CGI would allow that.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote