Music Banter - View Single Post - Is it still possible to be innovative in Pop music?
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #41 (permalink)
Surell
Master, We Perish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveYourCarDownToTheSea View Post
I started making my own music video to this. My inspiration is this and several other In The Flowers home-made videos on Youtube. Though I don't think I'll be able to get as elaborate as that one.
way rad, post it up when it's finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
so the way to be innovative in pop music is to stop listening to it and listen to Indie then that's basically what Surell and Driveyourcar are saying rofl.
Yeah, no. Not really. the underground is a significant source of more innovative music - innovation and experimentation being the reason it's not mainstream (kinda "duh" but whatever). Who truly innovated pop in the past? In the 60s there was mainstream attention, but after that who did? Since the 80s it's primarily been indie/experimental musicians (the Pixies, Husker Du, REM, Radiohead, etc.). Ok, just so your panties won't be in a bunch, we could say Frank Ocean is revitalizing the pop R&B/Soul scene, and Lady Gaga/Rihanna are bringing prominence to electronic music. But they're not the first, and they're definitely not the most innovative in their field (some of Frank's sound is directly aligned with Marvin/Wonder, and techno sprung from the underground almost twenty years ago).

If you feel so entitled to snark, why don't you actually bring some ideas to the table.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote