Music Banter - View Single Post - gun control
Thread: gun control
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #56 (permalink)
Lord Larehip
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezdaddy Longlegs View Post
Way to completely avoid everything I posted and not answer any of the questions I asked. What is your background with guns, are you speaking from a place of fear or knowledge?

I have put a seat belt on for 23 years and never needed it. One day I got in a car accident and it saved my life.....Same idea. Im glad you feel comfortable enough to not have a gun, but I don't. Seriously dude your above comment contains the logic and intelligence of a child.
You haven't read one link I've posted, have you? Stop accusing me of bad logic because you're not educating yourself despite the fact that I've given you plenty of sources by which to do that. Having a gun is NOT like a seat belt. Read the links I gave you! Seat belts do not INCREASE your chances of dying in a car accident. Having a gun in your house QUITE OBVIOUSLY DOES increase your chances of blowing your own damn head off. Is this going too fast for you??

Buying a gun to protect yourself from criminals generally doesn't work because most people murdered by guns in this country are not killed by complete strangers, they are killed by people they knew and usually people they loved. The stories below are typical. I haven't bothered to check husband-shooting-wife or ex-boyfriend-shoots-girlfriend because I'd be here all day cutting and pasting links. But the ones below are all the result of guns in the home. They don't keep you safe. I'm not against people owning guns as long as they understand the risks. But do the research before you buy one and understand the possible consequences. You are more likely to be shot or to shoot someone you love and care about if you have a gun in your house than you are to shoot an intruder. If more people truly understood that, we wouldn't have so many of these needless deaths.

Ohio 12-year-old boy fatally shoots 9-year-old brother, himself in horrific slayings* - NY Daily News

4-Year-Old Kentucky Boy Fatally Shoots 6-Year-Old Sister

5-year-old Kentucky boy fatally shoots 2-year-old sister - CNN.com
Different incident than the previous link

Boy, 13, shoots sister, 6, at Oakland Park home, Broward Sheriff's Office says - Sun Sentinel

New Jersey boy, 4, shoots neighbor in the head with .22-caliber rifle from 15 yards away | Mail Online

Police arrest neighbor in shooting of 3-year-old boy in Flatbush, Brooklyn | 7online.com

Boy Killed Mom Over Firewood Chore - ABC News

boy shoots mother over chores | AT2W
Different story than previous link
Lord Larehip is offline   Reply With Quote