Music Banter - View Single Post - gun control
Thread: gun control
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #67 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
I've hear this argument before, but I don't find it very convincing. Citizens generally don't have access to the type of military hardware that would actually allow them to overthrow the US govt. Maybe when the most advanced technology was a musket or a canon, that was a feasible idea. Nowadays, not so much.

It does not require you to be convinced. A few rag tag terrorists kept the US fighting in Iraq Afghanistan which are a fraction the size of the USA. You really think the government could control an armed people that didnt want it in power. Lol at the thought that today the government is any less corrupt than other points in history.

Besides, what really puzzles me about this argument is the idea that I'm supposed to trust an unorganized mob of citizens with guns with my fate more than I should trust the US govt.
Take a look at this.

U.S.: Gun raids show cartels at work in Ariz. - TODAY News - TODAY.com

Whether they were obtained legally or illegally, the legal gun market ultimately supplied them.
Exactly why a huge part of my argument is better enforcment of already made laws.

"The defendants allegedly acted as "straw purchasers," falsely declaring on federal forms they were purchasing the weapons for themselves"

Surely that could be stopped.

*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote