Music Banter - View Single Post - gun control
Thread: gun control
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #81 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

rez address you several posts ago.... no **** crimes are often committed by people you know, i dont think anyone is disputing that or sayin otherwise are they?? there is also no telling how many burglaries/murders just owning a a gun has prevented. 'hmmm should i rob 216 who i know keeps a gun on his nightstand?' and im not sure what is even relevant about those stats - if my life was put in jeopardy by someone i know, i would still pull my gun

im reading your stats and i think most people agree: it is unlikely i will be murdered or even have to use my gun. but in the unlikely event that i do have to defend myself, i will be able to. you will not be able to. the point of having a gun is to improve chances of preserving the things most valuable to us, aka our lives.

you missed the point on commenting about the country being so large. my point was that the government would have to bomb an insanely large area. of course my ar-15 wouldnt do anythin vs an air raid lol. again, not the point. when it comes to death i would like a chance to determine my own fate. if you dont go down fighting vs someone then you are a coward, plain and simple

also to say i didnt look at your stats is party true becuase the first one you laid out was very misleading and i stand by what i said about that stat even tho you repeated it again i believe. so lets say goin by stats there is a better chance of me shootin myself than an intruder or someone puttin my life in danger. you might ask, why own a gun then????? why?? because i trust myself to be a responsible gun owner. the stat about inuring myself or a family member is totally dependent on someone bein irresponsible in individual cases. if you are responsible then there is no problem and you are at 0% risk for that stat
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote