Music Banter - View Single Post - Love meeting musicians, playing music and listening to music
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
WanderingWindstrel
Groupie

Hi Cardiff

There are places where musicians can meet other musicians online but the problem to me always seems that playing music together is such a personal thing that it's difficult to know if it will work just from an internet conversation or recording.

The enormous variety of genres is a problem too and musicians can be so piccy (as I probably am too)

Distance is also a problem when the ideal person can be miles away so that the cost of getting together makes working together at a gig prohibitative unless it pays huge fees which for most (including myself) is unlikely.

I'm not sure about collaborating online virtually. The speed of the internet connection in West Somerset is probably not fast enough for live playing together in a sort of vitual band.

3% of the population, according to research I did, are musicians having the sort of level of playing ability to join together in a band so in my local area there should be at least 300 but they are well hidden, perhaps many don't even use the internet as my area is very retired.

I don't want to sound negative but can't pretend to have the answers. i wish I did.
WanderingWindstrel is offline   Reply With Quote