Music Banter - View Single Post - World Cup 2014 thread
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 02:25 AM   #41 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Happy with the draw but not happy with the set up. It's the same old, same old for England. Still playing shit on a stick football. It's frustrating when you believe the players are there as well. Lambert aside, they're being picked on name and nothing else, not by quality or form which is how it should be.

I would like to see something like:

Barkley-Wilshere-McEachran

Zaha-Sturridge-Welbeck

We then have players like Walcott, Delph, Sterling, Redmond, The Ox, Lingard, Chalobah, Berahino, Westwood, Ince and Powell to come in. Could replace Welbeck with The Ox and keep swapping Zaha and The Ox around. They can also track back to make a 4-5-1.

It annoys me when people say we shouldn't be starting these young players if they haven't achieved anything with their clubs. They shouldn't have to achieve anything if they are good enough. I believe they are, besides, with players like McEachran for example, Chelsea are better than England, so why should he be expected to achieve something with them before getting into an inferior team? Club football is king.

I think the current squad is mediocre but I don't think we produce mediocre players. We could be an exciting young footballing side if only these players were given the chance and a manager had some bottle. These are all good, skilled footballers who can play. Imagine Pep in charge of that team. The bolded players could arguably start, Delph has real tenacity and skill, excellent range of passing, he is looking like a fine footballer now. The Ox can play anywhere in the midfield. I rate McEachran very highly, he is extremely talented. For every Josh McEachran there is a Neymar or a Thiago in another country but as far as young players coming through that we can be excited about, he is one of them.

Josh McEachran - English Xavi - YouTube

I don't think Cleverley is good enough and Rooney has had his chance, he's a mentally weak bottler. I've no objection to Carrick starting, he could possibly captain the team & you do need some experience and a cool head, who better than Carrick to provide it? But the focus here is on youth and the next generation.

Wilshere is not a pussy and has a youthful fearlessness about him like Rooney did at the same age, he has a touch of the mentalist about him. He can obviously play a bit too & will probably be the heart of the team for the next 7 or 8 years provided he avoids serious injury so he walks into the team.

Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney have had their time. It's time for them to move on.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote