Music Banter - View Single Post - *** The Themed Weekly Member Mixtape Thread Is Back ***
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 06:13 AM   #193 (permalink)
misspoptart
gimme gimme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
Well here's the only review it's gonna get.
NOT SO FAST!

Okay, maybe this won't be much of a review, but I did listen to the whole mixtape and I am having feelings about it.

First of all, why so sad? This is really a sad, sad collection of songs guys. Really mellow. Actually I was about to submit something and it was sad, too. So I guess that makes sense.
Mondo, I love your submission, Bad Braids - Ships. It was one of the two songs on this tape that I'll listen to again. Very chilling indeed.
Namco - Formless Like Water was also good. I like video game music though, and I'm a sucker for anything that reminds me of Sonic 3D blast. This did!
I basically hated Black Heart Procession - On Ships of Gold and t Bites - The Tall Ships. Sorry to whoever submitted those. Depressing and depressingly upbeat.
As would be expected, I dig Gorillaz - Pirate Jet. I had never heard it though! I love listening to isolated newness from artists I already know I like.

Does anybody think that my would-have-been submission, Battleship Grey by DJ Tiesto, could have made this mixtape better or worse? Just curious.
misspoptart is offline   Reply With Quote