Music Banter - View Single Post - the official **** the vikings thread
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 06:19 AM   #380 (permalink)
Thom Yorke
Music Addict

I'd definitely consider our receiving corps sub-par, and last year when Harvin went down it was downright awful. Even with Harvin it was bad.

Jennings is good but I'm not going to consider him great until I see him do something without Favre or Rodgers. As far as #1 receivers go, he's definitely toward the bottom of the list.

Who knows about Simpson. He's already basically equaled his production from last year. He's a great athlete but I don't know how you can consider him a good #2 when you look at other teams' depth charts.

Patterson has a ton of potential and looked great in preseason, but you need to see what he can do first.

Wright was one of the bright spots from late in the year last year, and could be a good slot guy, but if Patterson emerges like we're all hoping he does, there won't really be a good spot to utilize him.

I'm sorry but Rudolph has become overrated over the last year. He's more of a beneficiary of Ponder not being able to go downfield well than anything. He's decent and has a lot of potential, but he's not a top tier tight end or anything.

I just don't see how you can objectively look at this receiving corps and consider them good or even above average. Our whole passing game is hurting and it's not only because of Ponder (although he is the main reason for it, you're right).
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote