Music Banter - View Single Post - *** The Themed Weekly Member Mixtape Thread Is Back ***
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #195 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspoptart View Post
NOT SO FAST!

Okay, maybe this won't be much of a review, but I did listen to the whole mixtape and I am having feelings about it.

First of all, why so sad? This is really a sad, sad collection of songs guys. Really mellow. Actually I was about to submit something and it was sad, too. So I guess that makes sense.
Mondo, I love your submission, Bad Braids - Ships. It was one of the two songs on this tape that I'll listen to again. Very chilling indeed.
Namco - Formless Like Water was also good. I like video game music though, and I'm a sucker for anything that reminds me of Sonic 3D blast. This did!
I basically hated Black Heart Procession - On Ships of Gold and t Bites - The Tall Ships. Sorry to whoever submitted those. Depressing and depressingly upbeat.
As would be expected, I dig Gorillaz - Pirate Jet. I had never heard it though! I love listening to isolated newness from artists I already know I like.

Does anybody think that my would-have-been submission, Battleship Grey by DJ Tiesto, could have made this mixtape better or worse? Just curious.
personally i would have likely hated it as much as you hated mine....but only because i can't stand that guy....still it would have been an awesome submission and would have mixed things up a bit....why did you not submit it?

and i agree this was an oddly sad mix of music...but i love sad music so it worked out perfect for me

1. rostasi: Robert Wyatt - Shipbuilding
i really enjoyed this man...a great start of the mix....and really sets the mood

2. Mondo Bungle: Bad Braids - Ships
ok....when i first glanced this over i thought this was Bad Brains....keeping in mind that i load these playlists onto my ipod and listen to them while driving....you can imagine my surprise when this haunting and beautiful voice comes over the speakers ....all i can say man is this track is the winner for me....loved it

3. Rezdaddy Longlegs: Radio Moscow - Deep Blue Sea
uber bluesy psyche rock....i was reading about these guys a couple days ago and was thinking i should check them out.....you sir have solidified that notion thanks

4. Deviouz: Namco - Formless Like Water
interesting considering it's the background for a video game?....it all honesty i would have never guessed that....i had no idea they put this much effort into game music production...still a solid track for what it is

5. bob.: Black Heart Procession - Ships Of Gold
of course my first thought was to upload The Sinking of the Titanic by Gavin Bryers....but figured most of you would not listen to an hour and a half of minimal classic music ....then i thought about this amazing track about the sinking of the Wilhelm Gustlof but figured you guys don't want people screaming German at you....this is by far my favorite track from the album 3

6. Trollheart: It Bites - The Tall Ships
at first i was weary about this one....obviously very prog but a bit poppy at the same time....the dudes voice is a little annoying and it almost sounds like a horrible christian pop song.....by the end i actually really enjoyed all of it.....esp the chorus

7. djchameleon: Gorillaz - Pirate Jet
great track from a great album....nice pick sir
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote