Music Banter - View Single Post - World Cup 2014 thread
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 07:49 AM   #47 (permalink)
Newkie
Boozy Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Frugal View Post
Wilshere isn't really a pussy, but he seems to be on the floor all the time. Though with his attitude he's going to get kicked all the time so he better get used to it.
No, he really is. I remember his hissy fits during and after the Newcastle/Arsenal 4-4 match. He doesn't seem to have grown up a lot either. He does have a lot of talent , but he has looked poor since his last lay off.

As for the debate on selection, never any point discussing it because no manager has the stones to drop any of our players who just don't perform. They get vilified if a talisman is dropped and they get slated if we turf out "the usuals" and play poorly-which we always do. I'm not sure why putting a few goals past shocking opposition ever stirs hope to be honest, people should be wise to it by now. We also don't have a right back worthy of the name-but two good left backs. Experimenting and putting one of them at right back can't be that hard can it? After all Cole did most of Johnson's back tracking in the last WC. I can't see why they didn't at least try it several years ago, too late to build anything on now anyway.
Newkie is offline   Reply With Quote