Music Banter - View Single Post - Syria
Thread: Syria
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #61 (permalink)
Xaidoz
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
As much as the US gets called the world's police and yadda yadda yadda. The American public as even evidenced in this thread is tired of the US getting involved in other countries business especially while we still have two conflicts still ongoing. That's one of the main reasons why the US hasn't gotten involved in it until chemical attacks were done.
If they were tired, or if Obama was tired then he wouldnt announce plans to attack in Syria, would he? Im aware that there is no solution that would completely solve everything regarding the civil war in Syria, but there might be certain things that could be done by the US to reduce the violence or something. Its obvious that the US are being careful with what they do about this, and it requires time to think and plan things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
Putin is so full of it.

"I'm not protecting Assad, I'm protecting international law. International law states you can only attack by decision of the Security Council, which won't happen cause I'll use Russia's veto power to block any attempt to do so."
The problem is we can't fix the civil war with bombs. I don't think it would reduce the causalities nor make you any safer to do so.
I know that it wouldnt fix anything. The planned US attack on Syria appears to be more like a response to the use of chemical weapons than an attempt to solve or "fix" anything regarding the civil war there, and obviously it wont solve it. We also cant tell what exactly the result would be in the aftermath of a US attack.
Xaidoz is offline   Reply With Quote