Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 08:14 AM   #23386 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequoioideae View Post
I thought you of all people would comment on my new guitar, for shame. I thought we had something special.
**** man I swear I did not see it. I scrolled to bottom of page and saw hashtags.

Here is my review:

Color: Sunburst is my absolute favorite. i have wanted a 62 sunburst strat my entire life and still am trying to get one for a reasonable price. It is a paintjob that makes a guitar classy yet I think still a cool look. Will never go out of style, like a baby grand. So good choice in picking that.

Neck: I am generally a fan of Maple because I find it greasier and smoother to play but I have no problem with some nice rosewood. However this appears to be bound which makes the rosewood look ****ing awesome. Aware me on the model, because I do not recall any being bound if it is a fender unless it is from the custom shop. I have a bound maple neck on my strat and it makes slides and such much more comfortable on hand, I love it.

Pickups: I do not know what those are, but typically if it is Fender stock then are generally pretty good, although often a bit to trebly for my tastes. (can always change pots and keep pickups though to change that) I have learned my lesson in getting anything but single coil for a fender guitar. Humbuckers and fenders SOMETIMES sound good (like a tele custom) but typically the scale of the instrument is made for a single coil.

Shirt: I approve of Boards of canada, I used to listen to them to fall asleep every night. I do not mean that as an insult at all. They are calming and let me turn my brain off so I could eventually fal asleep.

My sincerest apologies for overlooking the beautiful piece of wood you received, congrats and enjoy the **** out of it. Perhaps a better picture is in store with the entire thing in the frame
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote