Music Banter - View Single Post - Syria
Thread: Syria
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #64 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaidoz View Post
Since I live in Israel, and I am relatively close to Syria where the civil war is ongoing, the whole thing truly concerns me. I was even scared it would spread to here, but I soon realized thats not gonna happen.....

Like most people(unless you are sadist) it is sickening for me to see the videos and photos of people being killed in various methods during the civil war over there. There is an urgent need for American interference over there and the news Ive heard lately about Obama considering to attack there soon, and then saying he's gonna wait instead afterwards.....I gotta admit that this cant wait. He should have ordered an attack long before even the chemical attacks in August occurred, since from what Ive heard.....they have already used chemical weapons in the civil war even before August 21.

Besides that, I have heard in the news that rockets were launched towards the northern part of Israel, but since I live in the central part it cannot reach the area that I live in.
If this comes off as harsh then I'm sorry, but this whole thing pisses me off. I'm not mad at you, I'm just mad about the situation.

Why should we intervene? I can't help but suspect that your reason for wanting us to go in is because you're from Israel. I can appreciate that if it's true, but we're not Israel and Syria is none of our business. I'm just as sick of us constantly supporting Israel as I am us invading middle eastern countries. Israel is more than capable of defending themselves and don't need us to keep holding their hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaidoz View Post
If they were tired, or if Obama was tired then he wouldnt announce plans to attack in Syria, would he?
The majority of Americans aren't behind Obama on this. So far as I can see the only reason he wants to go in is because he opened his mouth about some arbitrary "red line" and doesn't want to look weak when it's been crossed and/or Israel.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote