Music Banter - View Single Post - Movies That Are Better Than the Book
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

but the maze works better for Kubrick's vision.....personally i don't think in any way shape or form the two are comparable...there is Steven king's The Shining and there is (the better) Stanley Kubrick's The Shining

also i don't think it's fair to compare 2001: A Space Odyssey considering the book came out after the film....and was written at the same time as the script....plus the book offers more insight as to what is "going on"....whereas the film has a very ambiguous ending

could you imagine how shitty David Lynch movies would be if he actually explained them?

so in honor of Elmore Leonard i finally decided to read the book which was the inspiration for one of my favorite movies.....Jackie Brown....the book Rum Punch

i have to say the book really held up but i think the movie is better....mainly because of Pam Grier and Tarantino's mixture of the source material and homage to Blacksploitation films....the character in the book is Jackie Burke and is white

still the book is awesome and it makes me wonder if i had read the book before seeing the movie....i think i might actually hate Jackie Brown

also i agree 1 billion percent with Stand By Me Fred.....seriously good call

but not with One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest....you're right the movie is sooooo good...but there is something about the internal monologues of Chief in the book that really carry it for me....much like Rosemary's Baby....movie was amazing....but reading her thoughts as she seriously goes batshit crazy is just something that is impossible to bring to the screen
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote