Music Banter - View Single Post - Marilyn Manson
Thread: Marilyn Manson
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 07:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
Merkaba
Whitewater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
Well, i think he is a bad influence, in more ways than one, hes a horrible influence on kids, not to mention all of his fans who think that they can be goth just from wearing black and white make up and pearcings, without any idea of what goth is... And aside from teaching kids that satan worshiping, mindless violence and drug use is ok, he makes crappy music, and has influenced many other crappy bands in the process, so thats 2 crimes against humanity right there.
If you were to pick faults at every artists material for being influential I can think of much worse. Especially outside of the rock&metal arena. I don't think he's all that bad, he is so far out-there that most kids who listen to his stuff find it more of a fantasy, rather then a possibility. And I happen to think he makes good music, nothing great, but still good. He is a good vocalist, knows how to entertain a crowd (no matter how low the life forms are), and his music isn't technically fantastic but it still rocks. He's in the same category as all the other bands that aren't technical geniuses but still make good music. You know, the ones you and I and many others stick up for so often. As for material, you can't bag him for talking about drugs when thats what so many greats in the past have done such as GnR and Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton and so on, he isn't the first and nor will he be the last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
Edit: Also, he trys too hard to shock people, he dosent do anything new, even though many of his fans are lead to believe that, i mean seriously, David Bowie, Ozzy Osbourne, Alice Cooper and Iggy Pop was doing that kind of **** when Brian Warner was still in diapers. You cant shock people anymore.
The Darkness sure as hell shocked me.