Music Banter - View Single Post - 2016 U.S Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 07:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Two Spirit
Music Addict

Default 2016 U.S Election Thread

I wanted to make an "official" election thread, since I didn't find one.

The election is still three years away, but this thread can be a place for predictions and discussion about the far away election.

My predictions:

Democratic Nomination: Hillary is a shoo in for this position. Electing the first female president is too big a chance for Democrats to pass up.

Republican Nomination: I would love to see Rand Paul get the nomination, but he still isn't well like by many of the social conservative wing of the GOP.

Ted Cruz is more radical, but with the GOP changing their stances on things on illegal immigration, I can't see them nominating him.

Chris Christie is the most likely choice. He's their only chance for appealing to the moderate voting base, as much as I don't like him.

Out of all of that, I believe Hillary will become our next president. Whether or not she can stay in office till 2024 remains to be seen, but I do believe we'll have a Democrat in office till at least 2020.

Most media outlets will be on Hillary's side, while Fox News will be the lone conservative network on the Republican candidate's side.

As for Libertarians like me, the '16 election will be a fun show to watch, but ultimately my vote won't count. At least I'll get to watch the candidates make fools out of themselves, and that's worth something.
Two Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote