Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 08:54 AM   #23435 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
My GF's cousin lives down the street, and she takes care of her 98 year old mother, so I try to help out as much as I can, by doing all her yard work, fixing things around the house, etc., and I've even recorded a song for her in tribute to her aging mother when she passes (a bit morbid I know, but very smart none the less). Yesterday she invites us over for a drink, saying she has a late BDay present for my GF, and an early one for me. So, she gives the GF a bracelet, and tells me she'll be right back with my toy.

I was literally in shock!

A bit of an update on this:

Aunt Ceil passed away a week ago (last Friday) at the ripe age of 98. She was loved by many and a pillar of the Church and community. Since she and her daughter (pictured above) liked when I'd come over and play I was asked to play at the funeral services, along with her very good friend from Gwam, who came out from the west coast. Felix arranged most of the music, as well as performed quite a few pieces (Ave Maria etc.), as my duties were relegated to an acoustic version of Amazing Grace since the priest was quite strict about doing only traditional numbers. He then performed a few pieces at the reception to the delight of the congregation. The most notable being "Over the Rainbow" by Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwoʻole, which Felix had met and performed with many years ago. After the reception, a few of us gathered at a friends house and Felix and me played well into the night, performing all kinds of Hawaiian and Gwamanian pieces. I had quite a few drinks in me when this pic was snapped.

Aunt Ceil will be missed, and this was an endearing way to celebrate her life.