Music Banter - View Single Post - College Football
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #89 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
My Ducks have a bye, and TBH the schedule this week isn't terribly compelling, with one good game

Week 4 picks:

Colorado State at 1 Alabama

The Tide survived a scare last week in College Station, and now a lot of people are questioning the quality of their secondary. I wouldn't wanna be CSU tomorrow, Tide will roll and cover 39 points

3 Clemson won at NC State last night, that score was closer than I would've thought but the Wolfpack is no pushover at home, as the Tigers learned last year. Besides, I don't have cable and didn't see the game, it could've been one of those closer-on-the-scoreboard-than-it-was-on-the-field type 'o deals.

Florida A&M at 4 Ohio State

The Buckeyes are favored by 49 1/2 points. That's a LOT of points, the problem with a spread like that is that by the 4th quarter OSU will doubtless have their third string in the game. It'll be a rout, for sure, I'm iffy on the spread.

23 Arizona State at 5 Stanford

This is easily the best match-up this weekend. My head tells me that Stanford will win and cover the 6 points, but I will be rooting for the upset, as it would help my Ducks

Auburn at #6 LSU

The spread is 17, LSU will want to make a statement that they belong in the conversation with Alabama for SEC power. Tigers win and cover.

Florida International at #7 Louisville

I thought last week the Cardinals were ripe for an upset, and I was wrong. Won't be any upset this week against a very poor Conference USA squad, but like the Ohio State game I'm vacillating on the spread, as the game will be decided by the second half

Bethune-Cookman at 8 Florida State

The Wildcats are actually a very good MEAC team but they're overmatched against a top tier ACC power. The Seminoles showed last week that they are perfectly content to run up the score, they will cover the 39 1/2 points

North Texas at 9 Georgia

A decent Conference USA team against an SEC power. This won't be pretty, Bulldogs cover the 33 points

Southern Methodist at 10 Texas A&M

SMU is a so-so ACC team, Manziel will shred these guys but I think SMU can beat the 28 1/2 point spread
Alabama to roll over Co. State
Ohio State U to cover and win 63-7.
Stanford to win by at least two tds over ASU.
LSU to cover the 17 over Auburn.
Lousiville to cover over Florida Intl.
FSU blows out Bethune Cookman.
Georgia covers 33 against N. Texas.
Texas A&M to cover SMU. [SMU could use some help from the pony express this weekend.]
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote