Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst...
Thread: Worst...
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #40 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Ah no no no! What about "Sara"? Love that song. And "Nothing's gonna stop us now". Go on, sue me...
Nope...I'm not going to laugh on that level either (you know I have a LOT of guilty pleasures).

Actually, I will have something nice (if not positive) to say about "Sara". That song seriously captured what I call Delorian Pop, something I can call after the infamous John Delorian - the slick 80's answer to the 50's Cadillac cruising music but the Yuppie version instead of the Rock and Roll Rebel. Driving that car with your date, after hitting the neon-filled nightclub, drinking the wine coolers, and going to your well kept home or apartment. No mess here, just shiny chrome and well-produced sounds (no distortion). Pure Early CD era music, with the Grace and Micky (more focus on Mickey) team possibly at their best - which is not saying much in my world, but at least for the FM Stereos everywhere.

I don't like that song, but it did capture a feeling that was not as annoying as either "We Built..." or "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now."
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote