Music Banter - View Single Post - Who Do You Think Is The Best Rapper Ever?
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 09:07 PM   #461 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
Eminem did absolutely nothing new, had absolutely nothing unique to contribute, and was pretty mucha cornball. Tyler and others suffer some of the same pitfalls, sure, but they're a lot smarter and in some ways more solid rappers than he is/was/will be. Earl's already at least as good an MC and will probably only get better. Tyler's way ahead of Em conceptually, regardless of how you feel with his lyrics or whatever, and the production is much more distinct than whatever Dre/pop bandwagon he rode on.

But me personally, I think Em is probably the most overrated MC out there, and I'm one of the few people who actually (admit to) lik(ing)e OF these days. I can understand that you don't like the shock factor, I will say I don't get your hate for Death Grips, they're not my favorite on a Hip Hop level but they have an interesting dynamic and don't really seem out purely to freak people out in their music anyway.

I agree with this 100%

I like Eminem but he is overrated. Calling him one of the greatest is a big exaggeration.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote