Music Banter - View Single Post - Influence Battle #1: Scott Stapp VS Robert Plant
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Default Influence Battle #1: Scott Stapp VS Robert Plant

So who is the GOAT? One could argue that Scott Stapps Creed saved music from a terrible terrible fate. John Bohnam himself admits to being a huge fan of the hit single Don't Stop Dancing, which barely beat out Yellow Submarine for greatest song of all time according to Wikipedia. Robert Plant created a band called Led Zeppelin, which while obviously not half as innovative as Creeds signature song style was respectable in its own right.

A few bands from New Order to David Bowie to Johhny Cash have claimed most of their ideas came from Led Zeppelins most popular album, Coda. Coda is a staple in rock history and contained nearly every major hit the band had. Creeds Stapp actually wrote the song I Can't Quit You Baby which he later told everyone that "baby" refereed to #1 chart topping singles. The man can not be stopped.

So please dicuss this amazing comparison. Robert Plant, a lesser known but still semi respectable singer vs Scott Stapp the rock monster with countless hits from multiple decades.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote