Music Banter - View Single Post - Affordable Health Care Act
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #52 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Well the time is nearly upon us. Who is going to sign up for health insurance come October 1st or switch plans to something more decent and cheaper?

I found this handy dandy guide here with 20 things to know about ACA.

I wish media type people would stop calling it Obamacare but of course they won't because they rather have it called that so the average person reacts negatively to it.

There has been polling done recently where people oppose Obamacare but they hear the specifics of ACA and they agree with it and think it's a good thing.

A user's guide: 20 things to know about the Affordable Care Act
Not me. VA.

Also, I don't think calling it Obamacare is all that bad. The majority of people voted for Obama twice anyway, so it's safe to assume that having his name attached to the legislation isn't a negative association for the majority of people. It would only become one if it turns out to be a hugely problematic piece of legislation, in which case it would be--to some extent--deserved.

Ultimately though, anyone can look at what the ACA is "aiming to do" and it looks great. The real indicator is going to be how people's lives, finances and the medical system as a whole are affected by the mechanisms behind it, whether it's a positive or negative thing. At this point, we just won't know for sure until the gears start grinding away for long enough that the issues, if any, start bubbling up to the surface, or if we all find ourselves in medical Shangri La.