Music Banter - View Single Post - Souls of Mischief "93 til Infinity" Album Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Benteke View Post
The title track is that standout. I've not heard anything else but I'd rate this as a strong 8/9 out of 10, it's a fantastic album.
93 til infinity feels like their attempt at a dance track honestly. The real standout track is [What a way to go out]. Great lyricism and bottom heavy bass. Let em know and Anything can happen stand out to me as well. There was a time when I bought A-plus's stuff as well and Del is the big dawg in Heiro, so he will always get more play then the rest.

I love this album and usually play every couple of months in the car. I dig their gymnastic style of flowing and the almost break neck approach to laying their lyrics down. One of the best albums to come out in 93 along with Bizarre Ride 2. One of Oaklands best, but nobodies touching TOO SHORT for the crown anytime soon. I bought No Mans Land and Focus also but they can't touch this record on the lyrical scale and they went production heavy which was a turnoff musically. I think Going to Stanford got in the way for Taj.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote