Music Banter - View Single Post - Affordable Health Care Act
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #60 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
This isn't a prototype. It's a massive intervention into the economy by the state, at a time when the economy is still fragile overall and particularly so in those states (such as Illinois) that are still reeling from the consequences of such failed intervention into the economy. Further, entitlements aren't things you can "reform" away easily. There is no shortage of politicians whose campaigns are based on the notion of giving their constituents other peoples property - and once these voters receive the entitlement & become dependent upon it they will become an incessant, obnoxious political bloc.
It was a prototype in Massachusetts.

frankly, I can't explain why he wanted to give the backwater, no-nothings of this country healthcare. I'd say if you're not clever enough to figure out that healthcare can't really work in a market-system, then maybe you deserve to have your premiums jump 30% while insurance companies kick people off (increasing income and decreasing costs).

Then again, the premise of a joint-risk venture is probably lost on you. I live in a state that found a working solution, and we're fairly healthy to begin with. If you want to live in Fatso-ville where no one cares about their neighbors, then that's fine by me. Feel free to die there.

Edit: "You" is not referring to HHBH but the royal "you"