Music Banter - View Single Post - Snap
Thread: Snap
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #41 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Another vote for this. After several years consistent and diligent posting it does rankle slightly with me that we still have to have our posts approved. I mean, have we not proven ourselves by now? If we can be trusted then why not extend that trust to allowing us post our journals without this eternal waiting. And as CB says, it would take considerable work off the shoulders of mods.

I'd like to see a mod or mods consider this and give a serious answer. And preferably not just Urban saying "no". Seriously guys; it could benefit everyone. Where's the downside?
Well, I would support it. Right now it's only mods who do not need their posts approved, but this could work for more established members (and by established, I mean 500 + posts that are not trollish in nature). But you will have to be aware that posts could still be deleted by mods if they're not up to the quality that is expected in the Journal section. Like trolling or just plain pointless posts.

However, I would keep the post approval function for the Spill Your Guts because things can get quite heated in there, and I can't imagine what would happen in there if we weren't screening posts.

But this is an administrative function that would have to be changed, and we all know how most of our requests go over.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote