Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #72 (permalink)
Key

Number 8 out of 15: Bullet For My Valentine - The Poison

With the unfortunate lack of effort put into their recent album "Temper Temper", I figured it'd be worthwile to mention an album or two of theirs that I really do enjoy from them, one of which being "The Poison". At first finding out about this band, I had people telling me from left to right "don't even bother, this band sucks", but i'm not one to take an opinion about a band too seriously before even giving the band a listen. At the time, I found their music rather enjoyable, so I went on one of those wonderful listening sprees and decided that I really did and do like this band. The Poison being the first album I ever listened to, was also my introduction to the band, so in many ways it was an overall good experience with the band. Tears Don't Fall, All These Things I Hate, and many others are top notch tracks on the album, and as a whole, the album is very fun and enjoyable to listen to. Years past and I still find myself giving this album a listen for old times sake. It's got a bit of a nostalgic feel to it now which in it's own respect, makes it an even more fun album to listen to.

With very minimal research, I also came to find that this album was their debut, which brings up the question..."what happened???". With releases like Scream Aim Fire, and Fever coming after their debut, why was Temper Temper so bad? I mean...it's not just me that thinks that, it's the popular opinion as well as the opinion of most critics. I won't go too far into this one since I already did a review of the album.

Quote:
Ultimate-guitar stated that "even the brighter musical moments struggle to get off the ground. It's a real shame."
I hope the negative reviews they received about that album will hopefully wake them up and get back into the days of The Poison, because that's the only way I can see them redeem themselves. Now that I think of it, I don't even own a copy of The Poison, but I constantly remind myself how much fun the opening riff to Tears Don't Fall is to play.

If I were to only have one album by them on a stranded island, it'd be this one. And maybe i'd sneak Scream Aim Fire with me.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote