Music Banter - View Single Post - Kendrick Lamar on Big Sean's "Control" and Hip Hop Universe Goes Crazy
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 06:53 AM   #144 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
Drake may be wisening up to the fact that he's a pop bitch, so he's getting all in denial mode.
yeah he's straight up in denial mode.

Here are a few more gems from him.

Quote:
“I’m probably like as done as the rest of the world is with that record,” Drake said. “I think it came and it went. And not to discredit it. It was a good moment, but at the end of the day it’s just like—it was one of those sort of like fleeting Twitter frenzies that like—it was cool for what it was. My thing is I like lasting power. I feel like he made a decision, you know what I’m saying? And it was a decision to make. He was like ‘Man, I’m either gonna go for this moment because I know it’s gonna be a big moment or I’m gonna take heed to the fact that I have real relationships and I’m gonna like not do that.’ Cause I’ll be real, I thought of doing that before. I thought ‘Man, it’d be crazy if I just went off on everybody.’ But it’s just kinda like, 'Ah, where does it really get me? Then what? Then every time I rap people are gonna expect me to be confrontational and when I’m not then it’s not entertaining?' It’s like it kinda puts you in a box a bit. I don’t know if I necessarily respect it.”
Quote:
“He’s talented as fuck," Drake said. "He’s gonna have another album and another opportunity to take the world by storm again. So, he’ll be alright. Even if it doesn’t feature any of the names he mentioned, which it probably won’t, to be honest with you. I don’t know who’s gonna go back from that and be like, ‘Yeah, let’s link up.’ Nah, but he’ll be alright."
With that second quote, it's quite clear that he has no idea what the point of Kendrick's verse was.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote