Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #13545 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Fermat's Room. Very decent little Spanish thriller that has the tension and feel of Cube with the mathematical vernacular of Primer. Four maths geniuses are in a room to solve enigmas but if they don't solve them within a minute the room shrinks on all sides and it's a guessing game as to why they are there. Implausible but very entertaining.

I heard so many bad things about this movie but after watching it I am like WTF people? it's based on a comic and pays homage to it, visually it looks superb and has some great set pieces. Sure the fight scenes are a little far fetched at times but it's ok when it's frigging Spider Man or whatever. I thought this was a little belter.

Sort of an Aussie version of The Commitments but with undertones of racial and political issues that enhance the story yet the film still keeps a warm heart and humour. Great soundtrack and well acted by all. A little gem.

I try my very best to hear about films across a multitude of platforms but still distance myself from the actual plot so Flight proved to be a welcome surprise and a far deeper film than it appears to be. I am going to say no more apart from the fact that Denzel Washington is superb in this film and your empathy changes throughout the film for him.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote